Inside this issue
Terms and Conditions
This online service ('the Service') is provided by Landscape Media Limited ('LM’).
The following terms and conditions apply to use of the Service and the materials and information it contains ('Materials'). In these terms and conditions 'Subscriber' means an individual subscriber and 'Authorised User' means an employee duly authorised by an organisation which is a Subscriber or any other person expressly authorised by LM.
'Unauthorised Person' means any person who is neither a Subscriber nor an Authorised User.
LM may suspend access by any person to the Service at any time without compensation if it has reasonable grounds to suspect a breach of these terms and conditions by that person.
Authorised Users and Subscribers may use the Service and the Materials that appear on it from time to time for their own private or business research, and for this purpose may:
- display the Materials on screen;
- make printouts of items included in the Materials using the printing commands contained in the Service;
- and download and store in machine readable a single copy of the Materials primarily for one person's exclusive use.
Restrictions on Use
Authorised Users and Subscribers may not:
make multiple printouts or copies of Materials for distribution to Unauthorised Persons;
- re-sell the Service or any part of the Materials to others;
- make the Service or any Materials available to Unauthorised Persons on a local area network, a wide area network or on any intranet or extranet;
- abstract, download, store, reproduce, transmit, display, copy, distribute or use the Materials other than as permitted by paragraph 1 above;
- decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software programmes, databases or other systems used by RBI to provide the Service; or
- use the Service, or any of the facilities available on the Service, for any illegal purpose nor send or post or allow any posting of information which is defamatory or obscene or which violates the legal rights of others, nor use the Service to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material or any volume messages which may interfere with the provision of the Service or the use of the Service by others.
Passwords and Security
If passwords are issued by LM to access the Service;
- no password may be made available to any Unauthorised Person for the purpose of using the Service;
- if LM suspects that a password is being used by an Unauthorised Person the password may be cancelled;
- Materials and features may be added to and removed from the Service without notice.
- The Materials and information included in the Service are provided for reference purposes only. They are not intended as a substitute for professional advice or judgement. No Materials or information should be relied upon to provide legal or other advice with respect to particular circumstances.
- Every effort is made to keep Materials up to date but Subscribers and Authorised Users should obtain independent verification or advice before relying on any piece of information in circumstances where loss or damage may result.
- The Service and Materials are provided on an 'as is' basis and LM excludes to the extent permitted by law all implied warranties relating to fitness for a particular purpose.
- The Service and Materials will be available within twenty four hours of the subscription being paid for a confirmed from our payment service provider.
- All intellectual property rights and other rights in the Service and Materials (in both machine readable and printed form) belong to LM or their third party licensors except where expressly permitted. Authorised Users and Subscribers acquire no proprietary interest in the Service or Materials and except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions and may not use the Service or the Materials in any way that infringes the intellectual property rights in them.
- Authorised Users and Subscribers may not obscure or remove any copyright notices that appear on Materials printed from the Service
- Where content is provided by authors or other third parties for use by LM in the service, this provision will include a repurposing of content only within the scope of the business interests of LM. LM will not sublicense such content to any third party other than is necessary in the provision of it’s core services.
- A Subscriber will have access to the contents of the service for the full subscribed period. This will include previous content published (back issues).
- Once the payment for the service is terminated by either party, the subscriber will no longer have access to any content apart from the PDFs that were downloaded during their subscription period.
- A subscription will remain in place until the end of the subscribed period at which point the next payment will be taken if the payment is recurring. The subscription will continue if the next payment suceeds or, if the payment fails or the Subscriber has cancelled their recurring payment fails, the subscription will terminate.
- A Subscriber may cancel their subscription by using the cancellation link/button on the 'subscribe' page or you may cancel the subscription by cancelling the recurring payment in your paypal account. Failing either of these, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org sending a copy of your paypal profile id (which you can find on your emails from paypal) and we will cancel this for you.
- In accordance with section 3.38 of the Office of Fair Trading "A guide for businesses on distance selling" we are exempt from providing refunds under the "cooling off" period normally associated with distance selling. However, if the purchase was made in error, please get in touch with an explanation of the circumstances and we will make every effort to help.
Limitation of Liability
- To the full extent permissible by law LM shall have no liability for any damage or loss (including, without limitation, financial loss, loss of profits, loss of business or any indirect or consequential loss), however it arises, resulting from the use of or inability to use the Service or any material appearing on it or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the Service or any such material.
- The liability of LM for interruptions to availability of the Service caused by circumstances within its control shall not exceed the amount paid by the Subscriber for access to the Service in respect of the period of non-availablity. The only obligation of LM in respect of interruptions caused by circumstances outside its control shall be to use all reasonable efforts to have the Service reinstated.
Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the Laws of England and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.